Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RobAC
    • Jan 2001
    • 3.8.x

A few days ago, I had posted about receiving database error notifications.

I also sent a ticket into the hosting company to see what their response was. They responded with the folllowing:

Rob, We have the mysql server restart once an hour I believe to clear up connections left open by bad coding. Its down for a few seconds when this occurs. This may be the cause of those error emails.

Sure enough....each error notification I receive such as this one below:

Database error in vBulletin: Link-ID == false, connect failed
    mysql error:
    mysql error number:
    Date: Friday 23rd of March 2001 09:00:03 PM
    Script: /forums/avatar.php?userid=35
    Referer: http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/...?threadid=1343

.....happens on the hour. It doesn't happen every hour, but when it does happen, it happens on the hour. Also, each message outlines Script: /forums/avatar.php?....etc.

I just turned on the Avatar option for my boards a few days ago and ever since then, I started receiving these notificaitons. Has anyone else had this problem? What can I do?

Update:

Interestingly this just happened to me as I was replying back to to a thread at the top of the hour I received this message back:

Warning: MySQL: Link to server lost, unable to reconnect in /forums/admin/db_mysql.php on line 37
    There seems to have been a slight problem with the database. Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.
    An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.
    We apologise for any inconvenience.

Line 37 is this: $this->link_id=mysql_pconnect($this->server,$this->user,$this->password);
    Last edited by RobAC; Fri 23 Mar '01, 7:08pm.
    Rob
  • JamesUS
    • Aug 2000

That really is something your host need to deal with. Restarting mysql hourly shouldn't be necessary. I guess it was restarted in the middle of that last script's execution so the script got its connetion cut off.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...