Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John
    • Apr 2000

Last call for 1.1.2 beta...and update on the free version

I have uploaded a fresh version tonight that includes all the know bug fixes. Existing 1.1.2 users should just upload the files on top. Previous versions should follow the instructions in the members area.

You should also check that you have the latest versions of the following templates if you upgraded to 1.1.2 previously:

loggedinusers activateemail activateemailsubject error_registeremail getinfo newthread

Most of these are minor and not essential. activateemail is probably the most important change.

This message is basically a last call for any problems with 1.1.2 . It has been on beta for a week now, so I would like to declare it fit and stable tomorrow evening.

Lastly, I am happy to announce that the free version will be available very soon. The aim of this script is to check that your server can run vBulletin before buying. I am hoping that it will be available in beta tomorrow evening, UK time.

Thanks!
    John
    John Percival

Artificial intelligence usually beats real stupidity ;)
  • doron
    • Apr 2000

one thing...

it says on my boards "HTML code is OFF. Smilies are ON. vB code is ON. [IMG] code is OFF." even if I selected all as on.

See thread http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...p?threadid=800

I just uploaded the newest zip, and still see it

Comment

• jucs
      • Jun 2000

Free Edition

Still waiting patiently for the free edition.

Comment

• ilya
        • Apr 2000

About free edition...

I think it would be better if you could make free edition work for only, say, 15 days but have all features. That way a user can
        a) check if the full version can run on his server
        b) explore the features
        c) get to know full version's coding.
        You can probably put some code that would check for how long the script was used already....

Just a suggestion

Comment

• Martin
          • Apr 2000
          • 3.5.x

since it's not compiled code, there is no way to put an effective expiry on it. anyone worth their salt could easily fond and remove and expiry script from open source software like this.
          Webmaster:
          @forumz

Comment

• shri
            • Apr 2000
            • 3.6.x

Given that it uses mysql, the software could be forced to grab parts of the templates or other stuff from vBulletin's servers. Lots of fun ways to implement security when you're not based around a flat file implementation.

Comment

• ktvktv
              • May 2000

hi, Is it possible for u to sell an perl version of vbulletin? I am not familiar with php at all.......

Comment

• Menno
                • Apr 2000

that's the whole idea of vB
                a php/mySQL board
                - Insert viable disclaimer here -

ArtBeast!

Comment

• naganu
                  • Jun 2000

Free tryout?

Hey, John, where is the free tryout vB?
                  Today is June 12th, 2000...

Comment

• Craig A
                    • Apr 2000

I hope that John is putting his existing customers who have trouble before with their setups ahead of this freebie which isn't directly going to earn him any money. Some of us seem to have some real problems, and no fix in sight Reading these forums at least 2 or 3 times a day, it occurs to me that support is not what it should be at present, and I feel it important that as much energy as possible is directed to this area of concern.

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
                      Former vBulletin Developer
                      • May 2000
                      • 1.1.x

Yes it appears having one person (John) running support is not working out to well and it is going to turn off many customers if it is not resolved rather quickly.

Comment

• John
                        • Apr 2000

The freebie is on hold while I continue trying to sort out issues with 1.1.2. I will let you know when it is ready.

Craig - I'm trying to figure out what is happening at the moment.

John
                        John Percival

Artificial intelligence usually beats real stupidity ;)

Comment

• ilya
                          • Apr 2000

Well, i'm pretty sure it's possible to put expiration check on vB...

Comment

• Chris Schreiber
                            • Jun 2000
                            • 4.0.x

I'd love to be able to try out the demo version on my laptop, hope one is available soon... or could I test out the beta (I know that's normally just for customers.. but I thought I would ask). I agree with Ilya's suggestion about a timeout full-featured demo, since I am currently using UBB but would like to do a side-by-side comparison of speed and features before I decide to jump to using different fourm software.

Thanks,
                            -Chris

Comment

• wandrer
                              • Apr 2000

comparison

UBB but would like to do a side-by-side comparison of speed and features before I decide to jump to using different fourm software.
                              Checkout the full domain details of Glcomputers.com. Click Buy Now to instantly start the transaction or Make an offer to the seller!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...