X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lorddraco98
    • Nov 2001
    • 3.5.x

Mass Removal of Avatars

Well here's the problem. I deleted all of my avatars via FTP from the images/avatars directory because no one uses them I just want people to up their on right now. So here's the problem. In the admin cp and when a user goes to select a new avatar it still tries to display all those 300+ avatars I added before, but it just comes up with the red x's. how can I remove all those avatars from the listing there besides doing it one by one which would take AGES. thanks
    -Draco
    The Digital Sector Forums
  • George L
    Former vBulletin Support
    • May 2000
    • 3.8.x

Re: Mass Removal of Avatars

Originally posted by Lorddraco98
    Well here's the problem. I deleted all of my avatars via FTP from the images/avatars directory because no one uses them I just want people to up their on right now. So here's the problem. In the admin cp and when a user goes to select a new avatar it still tries to display all those 300+ avatars I added before, but it just comes up with the red x's. how can I remove all those avatars from the listing there besides doing it one by one which would take AGES. thanks
    1. backup your forum database
    2. then in phpmyadmin or mysql client in shell/telnet run this command

DELETE FROM avatar;
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• TheLegendofLink
      • Jul 2004

how do you remove custom ones too?

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

DELETE FROM customavatar;
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...