Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John
    • Apr 2000

Congratulations to the Community -- and an update

Firstly, I would like to congratulate the community here for reaching 10000 members! Just over a year ago (Sept '00) we hit 1000 members, and I think that this growth in the last year reflects the warm community that has grown up around the forums here. I would like to thank all the community here for their support over the last year, and I look forward to the next year, with many exciting developments in the works for you! We've got some real good features that we know that you are going to love, but to keep you on the edge of your seat, we're not going to tell you right now, so keep your eyes peeled over the next few months...

We are planning a version 2.2.1 release very soon to correct the bugs found in 2.2.0 . This is a non-essential release, and you will only need to upgrade if you have had problems with 2.2.0 . There will be no new features in this version.

If you have not done so already, I would urge you to add your username to this form to mark yourself as an official vBulletin customer. We have already implemented a number of policies that were discussed a few weeks ago, to make it harder for people without a license to get support. These have included a revamped members area and moving the support ticket system into the members area. We now plan to implement the final part of this plan, which is limiting which forums non-customers can post to on these forums.

When we originally discussed this, I proposed to make certain forums unreadable, and unsearchable to non-customers. The decision has been made not to do this, but rather to allow everyone access to view and search forums, but just limit the ability to post in the following categories:
    - vBulletin Support (excluding pre-sales questions)
    - Customising vBulletin
    - vBulletin Hints and tips

These changes will come into play at midnight GMT Wednesday night/Thursday morning, so make sure that you have got your username filled in the form:

Many thanks for all your help and support, and I look forward to making vBulletin the ultimate community solution for your website!

John
    John Percival

Artificial intelligence usually beats real stupidity ;)
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...