X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GetMeHosted.com
    • Sep 2001

[Release] Remove Moderators

Hi,

Well I am not sure if you could call it a hack, or if I even did it right, But it seems to be working fine for us. This will remove the "Moderators" from being listed in your vBulletin board.

ex: Customer Forums

I did a search to find out how to do this, but it was not really clear, and some stuff was left out in post, so we made this in the hope it will help someone. If you have a problem with it, just let us know. This was done on v2.03, I am not sure if other versions would have the same template files to edit or not.

God Bless,

<EDIT/Update> I left out 2 Template Files to Edit...
    New zip is correct. (sorry)
    Last edited by GetMeHosted.com; Sun 23 Sep '01, 11:09pm.
  • Alaska
    • Sep 2001

Why Remove Moderators?

Nice Work!
    But I can't understand...

Comment

• M ²
      • Aug 2001

This should be in templates.

Comment

• tubedogg
        • Feb 2001

Alaska and M ² please enter your license information in your profile. Thanks!

Comment

• DarkReaper
          • May 2001

What does this do? The ability to remove moderators is already in vBulletin..just hit "remove" next to their name in the forums list.
          Seriously! - The Definitive Home of All Things Serious
          Seriously! Forums

To recieve support on these forums, enter your username here.

Comment

• Operations
            • Aug 2001

I think he just whant that some people can BE moderatores but be not listed so the others dont know that they are mods.

am i right?
            impossible.. but feasiblly

Comment

• GetMeHosted.com
              • Sep 2001

Click the link I provided.
              You will not see the list of moderators to the category,
              to the right. That is what it does.

Note: This will only remove them from the table,
              they will still be shown under the nav. links.

Ex: ( Moderated by: Someone, Someone2, Etc )

If you would like me to remove that as well, just let me know.
              Last edited by GetMeHosted.com; Mon 24 Sep '01, 9:17am.

Comment

• DarkReaper
                • May 2001

Just wondering, what is the point of this?
                Seriously! Forums

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                  • Aug 2000

Moved to Templates. This is not a hack.

To remove the moderator list from your forums all you have to do is some very basic template modifications in the forumhome and forumdisplay template groups.

Instructions on how to do this have been posted many times before and I believe are in the FAQ forums.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• GetMeHosted.com
                    • Sep 2001

It removes the "Moderator" Cells from your table.

I did a search and only found post that told you half of the stuff you need to do. So I made this That lets you know everything to do, and every file to edit. I search and others post where not very helpful to me as they only told you part of the files to edit not all.. , if you think this is covered better somewhere else feel free to delete my post, and I am sorry.. I was only trying to help people.

Please link me to a old post letting us know how to do this.
                    I spent a good 3 mins figuring it out. ;(
                    Last edited by GetMeHosted.com; Mon 24 Sep '01, 12:08pm.

Comment

• DarkReaper
                      • May 2001

3 minutes and you think its worth posting. Please tell me you're joking. Its taken me longer to figure out why you would do this than it did to figure out how

The only reason I can think of is if your boards are large and your moderators get a crapload of email/PMs from people.

Anyone have any other uses for this?
                      Seriously! Forums

Comment

• GetMeHosted.com
                        • Sep 2001

Now this is just getting sad, does vBulletin not have rules?

I posted this because I did a search (as I said before)
                        and others were trying to do the same thing, but none of the post I found told you how to do it exactly. So I post it here to help others that may come here as I did looking to do this.

I am sorry I thought this was a place for us all to get together and help each other, but
                        all I have seen so far is childish attacks on people over nothing, and just alot of rude people.

I will keep all of my modifications to my self for now on,
                        as I do not need to come here and post information that others may find helpful just to be insulated for trying to help..

You fly the American Flag as your Avatar, yet you have no clue what it stands for... It is sad that people have so much hate/anger, as all they can do is run through forums insulting people for trying to help others.

God Bless, (I hope god leads you to the better path in life)

Comment

• DarkReaper
                          • May 2001

If you can tell me one way in which I was insulting you, I'll back off. But I was not insulting you in any way. Humor and sarcasm is hard to convey over the internet, hence the use of smilies. If you took it the wrong way, I'm sorry you see it as an insult. No-one has made childish remarks about this, or has insulted you.

You fly the American Flag as your Avatar, yet you have no clue what it stands for... It is sad that people have so much hate/anger, as all they can do is run through forums insulting people for trying to help others.
                          There is no hate or anger in any of my posts here. I didn't insult you, and I don't run through these forums spending all my time figuring out how I can ruin people's days. What I don't understand is how people can be so judgemental. Do you know for a fact that I don't know what the American flag stands for? ffs...
                          Seriously! Forums

Comment

• GetMeHosted.com
                            • Sep 2001

3 minutes and you think its worth posting. Please tell me you're joking.
                            So this was supposed to enlighten my day and give me joyfull feelings, and was really a blessing?

God Bless,

Comment

• Aracnakat
                              • Aug 2001

As a new admin for my boards .. I thank you for posting this. We have only one moderator and it looks sort of silly to have that column with his name posted over and over again!

Once I can get a better grip on how to use templates and modify the boards, I'm going to use this for sure!

I love it .. thanks!

~Kat

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...