X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clio
    • Jul 2001
    • 4.1.x

more problems moving........

i'm one of those people having problems with vbulletin because of the way mysql is configured on vservers. So really, the problem is not with you guys.

anyway, what i've done is backed up the database, moved it to another server, upgrade there. backed that up and moved *that* DB back to vservers. But the vservers mysql doesn't support type either. so i got rid of all the TYPE=MyISAM and TYPE=HEAP. and restored the backup. Ed Sulllivan said it should be okay if I get rid of it.

This has been an issue with us before and Ed was gonna help out. but we thought we had found a solution. I guess not. Anyway, our *testing* forums are here. Sorry to run 2 versions, but our site is currently being judged for an educational grant by the National SemiConductor people. Anyway, here's the URL and the error message I get. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

URL: http://www.learntoquestion.com/vclas...ion2/index.php

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: connection_status() in ./admin/functions.php on line 481

oh yeah, i CHMODed everything 755
  • Mike Sullivan
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Apr 2000
    • 3.6.x

You should actually ask Vservers to upgrade their PHP -- they're running an old beta version (4.0 beta 2, I believe!! ). But if you search for connection_status() in functions.php, and replace it with: 1==0 (yes, 1==0), then it should work.

Comment

• clio
      • Jul 2001
      • 4.1.x

yay!

score! actually I just commented the if statement out, thanks! I wasn't sure if it would be okay.

so lines 481-483 look like this:
      PHP Code:
        //if (connection_status()) {
        //  exit;
        //} 
      thanks ed for ALL your help, this time, previous times, and probably future times LMAO!

I think I'll make a list of all the things wrong with the php/mySQL on vservers to annoy them.

Comment

• clio
        • Jul 2001
        • 4.1.x

yet ANOTHER problem *sigh*

Everything works so far, except for the user control panel.
        And it looks like to me that the PHP isn't doing the join in the SQL query right. is this true?

URL:

error message:

Database error in vBulletin: Invalid SQL: SELECT * FROM forum,subscribeforum WHERE subscribeforum.forumid=forum.forumid AND userid=1 ORDER BY title
        mysql error: Table 'discussion.subscribeforum' doesn't exist
        mysql error number: 1146
        Date: Tuesday 14th of August 2001 08:32:38 AM
        Script: /vclass/discussion2/usercp.php?
        Referer: http://learntoquestion.com/vclass/di...on2/index.php?

Help!

Comment

• clio
          • Jul 2001
          • 4.1.x

sorry, but I really need help on this ASAP. I just wanted to stress that. And the license number for our site is in my profile.

Comment

• JamesUS
            • Aug 2000

For some reason, the subscribeforum table doesn't seem to exist. If you look in install.php, you can find the line starting "CREATE TABLE subscribeforum" that contains the query you need. Then execute that through phpMyAdmin or telnet.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...