X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RobAC
    • Jan 2001
    • 3.8.x

*Updated* Members on HostRocket Receiving Datbase Errors

This may not be appropriate to post here, but I'm starting to see a trend. A few members have been reporting database errors today.

If you are hosted with HostRocket, their modGZip is not functioning properly and they have shut the module down.

I have been receiving the same database errors since 2:00 pm this afternoon and I've deleted...now over 300 emails with error messages in them. I turned GZip off in my forums and that didn't do anything so I have now had to take my Forums offline.

I figured I'd post this before vBulletin gets slammed with several posts wanting to know why they are receiving database errors.
    Rob
  • RobAC
    • Jan 2001
    • 3.8.x

Update on HostRocket Database Errors

For those of you currently hosted with HostRocket and receiving database errors, the explanation for why this was happening is posted at the top of this Forum.

As of right now, my Forums are back online. Everything seems to be functioning as normal and the database errors have ceased. However from what I can tell, page output is not being compressed by the GZip module, so if you're running a long list of forums with pages that are very large in size, your members may start to notice a difference in overall forum performance; especially if they are connecting to the internet via slow dialup connections.
    Rob

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...