Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VAN
    • Feb 2001

Another reason Hostrocket pisses me off

Awhile back I switched from Hostway to Hostrocket and it was the single biggest mistake I have ever made in regards to my site.

I cancelled my Hostrocket account and demanded a refund since I was within the 2 week money back guarantee. 2 weeks! Thats all they give you.

Anyways, I cancelled my account with them over 2 months ago, yet I still receive late payment notices daily. I have written 5, count 'em FIVE scorching messages to the support staff asking that they update their account info for my domain, since I do not have an account with them, and yet they STILL send me late payment notices.

Luckily, I had my card cancelled, otherwise I would have been getting charged for service that was not being provided.

After 2 weeks of daily late payment notifications, I finally had to block their domain from my mail program to avoid them cramming my inbox with crap.

Just another reason Hostrocket pisses me off.
  • mjames
    • Nov 2000
    • 3.8.x

Strange, I've never had any problems. But then again, I haven't tried to cancel my account.
    Marc James
    Sports Central — Beyond the Scores
    Sports Central Message Boards

Comment

• OneChance
      • Feb 2001

A similar thing happened to me with WebHosting.com. I had an account with them two years ago and cancelled within thirty days, completely disgusted with their service. They refunded my money to my credit card. About two weeks ago I got a letter from a collections agency explaining that I owe WebHosting.com for two years of service. What?! So I had to go out of my way to fax the agency the credit card statement that showed that I had cancelled my account. It wasn't very much of a hassle, but it's amazing how sloppy these web hosting companies really are. It's a good thing I keep all of my credit card statements and e-mail.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...