• Show
Clear All
  • Axel Foley
    • May 2001
    • 3.6.x

Problem on update user profile...

Steps to reproduce the problem:

USER CP -> Edit Profile

When a user clicks on SUBMIT MODIFICATIONS, modifications ARE applied, but the following screen appears:

Query: SELECT template FROM template WHERE title='options'
    Time before: 0.030154943466187
    Time after: 0.031175017356873

table type possible_keys key key_len ref rows Extra
    template ref title title 100 const 1 where used

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Query: SELECT sessionhash,userid,host,useragent,styleid FROM session WHERE sessionhash='1115de8e33f4942567d5d3490e0223c9' AND host='194.243.48.2' AND useragent='Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows NT 5.0;'
    Time before: 0.039031982421875
    Time after: 0.039834022521973

table type possible_keys key key_len ref rows Extra

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Query: SELECT user.*,userfield.* FROM user LEFT JOIN userfield ON userfield.userid=user.userid WHERE user.userid='1'
    Time before: 0.040725946426392
    Time after: 0.041615962982178
    It looks like debug code has been activated, but I have no idea how it happened.

Modifications are applied but the forum instead of redirecting the users to the Profile page, prints out the debug information above and sticks to that screen dump.

If someone needs Admin access, let me know and I'll provide you login details.

Thanks for the support...
    "Sometimes men stumble upon the truth and then hurry off as if nothing happened"
    - Winston Churchill -
  • Axel Foley
    • May 2001
    • 3.6.x

Another problem (related to the first I hope)

I just discovered another problem:

USER CP -> EDIT OPTIONS

When a user clicks on SUBMIT MODIFICATIONS the following msg appears:

vBulletin Message
    ADMINISTRATOR: You MUST revert your modifyoptions template.

Obviously I looked at the template and it is in GREEN color (original), so I cannot revert it.

I'm starting to think that my db got screwed up, what should I check?
    "Sometimes men stumble upon the truth and then hurry off as if nothing happened"
    - Winston Churchill -

Comment

• tubedogg
      • Feb 2001

OK first things first. Remove
      <input type="hidden" name="explain" value="1">
      from your modifyprofile template.
      Then make sure you see $dbsession somewhere in your modifyoptions template. If you don't come back and post again.

Comment

• Axel Foley
        • May 2001
        • 3.6.x

Nothing changed...

Problem 1 (Edit Profile): I removed that line from the modifyprofile template but nothing has changed...when I submit, the debug page still appears.

Problem 2 (Edit Options): the variable $dbsession doesn't exist in the code. But when I removed the line as per your suggestion for problem 1 (edit profile), the problem disappeared. So the suggestion for Problem 1 fixed Problem 2...

Thanks for the help, I hope to solve these annoying problems...
        Last edited by Axel Foley; Tue 19 Jun '01, 5:22am.
        - Winston Churchill -

Comment

• tubedogg
          • Feb 2001

1. Are you using multiple styles? Make sure you have edited that line out from every modifyprofile template you have.

2. Try looking for session[dbsessionhash] in your modifyoptions template instead.

Comment

• Axel Foley
            • May 2001
            • 3.6.x

checked...

1. I use only the default style and don't allow custom styles. There's only one modifyprofile template and I removed the line but the debug code output still comes out.

2. Removing the line from the modifyprofile template fixed the modify options problem, now it doesn't tell me to revert the modifyoptions template. I'm happy to have solved the problem, but it's strange that it told me to revert the modifyoptions template when the problem was with the modifyprofile template.

Thanks for the help Kevin, I hope to solve problem 1. If you feel the need to admin access the forum I'll PM you with the login details.
            - Winston Churchill -

Comment

• Axel Foley
              • May 2001
              • 3.6.x

Any other suggestion?

Any other suggestion about the first problem?

John, I see you are online, can you help me with this?

Thanks...
              - Winston Churchill -

Comment

• Mike Sullivan
                Former vBulletin Developer
                • Apr 2000
                • 3.6.x

I thought the first problem was fixed by removing that line from the template?

The other problem will be fixed in 2.0.2. I have also posted a "fix" for it, although I wouldn't particularly recommend using it.

Comment

• Axel Foley
                  • May 2001
                  • 3.6.x

Strange...

Ed removing that line from modifyprofile template fixed the problem nr. 2.

Problem nr. 1 remained.

Now I was tweaking around, reverted the modifyprofile to the original and retried: Modify Options (problem nr. 2) disappeared, and problem nr. 1 remained.

So I removed the line once again from the modifyprofile template and retried and guess what: BOTH PROBLEMS FIXED!

My hypothesis is that there's something strange with the template system or I have to talk with Nicholas Brown (my host SysAdmin) because tonight the Apache server was down, I guess he was doing some activity on it.

I'm a little bit confused...

Anyway thanks for the help, hope that those problems are fixed forever...
                  - Winston Churchill -

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...