Hostrocket -Is anyone else having probs with MySQL tonite?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steph
    • Jun 2001

Hostrocket -Is anyone else having probs with MySQL tonite?

Hi all! I was trying to install vBulletin onto my server, which is being hosted at Hostrocket. And Im haing problems with my MySQL databases. Is anyone timing out who uses Hostrocket. I cant even load my other pages which also use PHP and MySQL. If you do and are. having issues as well and know whats going on can you let me know??? Im quite concerned!! Ive sent in a trouble ticket and their vBulletin Forum is down also.....

Thanks,
    Steph
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

I'm not having any MySQL problems and thankfully both my forums are up and running fine.

However Hostrocket completely hosed all email to my domain and my primary email address has been producing bounce messages all day.

Their forums had a lot of messages from other customers having the same problem. And as you noticed, the forums are shut down and have been for several hours.

I filed a Trouble Ticket on my email problems over 10 hours ago but haven't heard a word from them yet.
    Last edited by Steve Machol; Fri 15 Jun '01, 9:56pm.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Steph
      • Jun 2001

Originally posted by smachol
      I'm not having any MySQL problems and thankfully both my forums are up and running fine.

However Hostrocket completely hosed all email to my domain and my primary email address has been producing bounce messages all day.

Their forums had a lot of messages from other customers having the same problem. And as you noticed, the forums are shut down and have been for several hours.

I filed a Trouble Ticket on my email problems over 10 hours ago but haven't heard a word from them yet.
      10 hours Steve!!! That's definitely not been my experience with them. Well, luckily for me, they answered me within 10 minutes and Im all good now. It seems that someone had looped and used all the connections. The person's account has been removed and connections have been reset

Steph, who will try once again to instal vBulletin

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

11 hours now and I still don't have email to my domain. And believe it or not I still haven't heard back from another ticket I filed 6 days ago.

Many people report great support experiences with Hostrocket. I guess I've just been one of the unlucky one.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
          • Dec 2000
          • 3.6.x

i don't think i had any probs. i was gone this whole evening. but no body posted anything about it in my feedback forum.

Comment

• mjames
            • Nov 2000
            • 3.8.x

I had a few minor problems earlier today, but no problems now. Everything is working smoothly.
            Marc James
            Sports Central — Beyond the Scores
            Sports Central Message Boards

Comment

• Jyaki
              • Dec 2000

I'm on hostrocket and I've been having MySql issues as well.
              I've been getting a lot time outs and my forum speed seems to very a lot.

I'm on host7, which one are you guys on?
              AnesthesiaForums Administrator
              www.anesthesiaforums.com - Online Community for Anesthesia, Respiratory and Critical Care Professionals.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

Jyaki,

Send your error messages to Hostrocket Support. I had a lot of mySQL problems when I first started with them, but to their credit they responded quickly and made changes that improved performance dramatically.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Jyaki
                  • Dec 2000

Yup, just did a couple of minutes ago.
                  They said host7 was experiencing an overload and that they've made the necessary changes.
                  Everything seems ok now....and hopefully will stay that way. (x-ing fingers)

Thanks
                  It's good to see that there are some people that are using Hostrocket here.
                  AnesthesiaForums Administrator
                  www.anesthesiaforums.com - Online Community for Anesthesia, Respiratory and Critical Care Professionals.

Comment

• Steph
                    • Jun 2001

Originally posted by Jyaki
                    Yup, just did a couple of minutes ago.
                    They said host7 was experiencing an overload and that they've made the necessary changes.
                    Everything seems ok now....and hopefully will stay that way. (x-ing fingers)

Thanks
                    It's good to see that there are some people that are using Hostrocket here.
                    Friday night was the first time Ive had any serious problems, and Im on server 3. And like I said, the problem was cleared up with 10 minutes of me sending in my trouble ticket.

Steph

Comment

• Jake Bunce
                      • Dec 2000
                      • 3.6.x

i haven't had any mysql problems or errors though.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...