How to choose an Avatar at the Registrationprocess?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yoda|cs.ch
    • Sep 2001

How to choose an Avatar at the Registrationprocess?

Hi

I would like to make that new users already can select an Avatar at the Registrationprocess. Does anyone know how this can be done? What do I need to add to the registration template?

thx 4 help
  • orca
    • Mar 2001
    • 5.5.x

Just look in the modifyoptions template for the avatar option. Now you can copy that to the registration template. But I'm not really sure whether it is that easy. May you also need to copy a hidden form element and hack register.php
    Ueli

Comment

• Yoda|cs.ch
      • Sep 2001

Hi Orca thanks for your answer. I tried this thing already, I copied it from the modifyavatar template. But if I try to register then it doesnt shows up any avatars.

Code:
      <tr>
      	<td bgcolor="{firstaltcolor}" align="center" colspan="2"><normalfont><b>Choose your avatar from the available list:</b></normalfont></td>
      </tr>
      <tr>
      	<td bgcolor="{secondaltcolor}" colspan="2" align="center">
      	<table bgcolor="{tablebordercolor}" border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="10">
      	$avatarlist
      	</table>
      	<normalfont>Displaying Avatars $limitlower to $limitupper of $totalavatars<br>$pagenav</normalfont>
      	</td>
      </tr>
      I also copied this value:
      Code:
      <input type="hidden" name="action" value="updateavatar">

Comment

• Yoda|cs.ch
        • Sep 2001

huh you are from switzerland too

I have added you on ICQ.

btw ig chume vo thun.

Comment

• orca
          • Mar 2001
          • 5.5.x

I think you're missing sth. There should be a submit button (<input type=submit...>) For changing the avatar. So I guess you didn't catch all. Anyway, as mentioned, you probably also need to hack register.php.

BTW, Bin von Luzern, zur Zeit aber in ZH am studieren.
          Ueli

Comment

• JJR512
            • Dec 2000

I think it might be more complicated than you think. Notice how when you edit your profile, if you click the change avatar button, it saves your profile first? Yeah, it first says thank you for updating your profile. Well, I'm thinking that if saving the profile first is important to selecting an avatar, it may be difficult for someone who is registering; after all, they don't yet have a profile to save! I hope that makes sense.
            -Justin "JJR512" Rebbert
            JJR512.com: Chat about anything!

Comment

• tubedogg
              • Feb 2001

Yoda|cs.ch, please enter your license information in your profile. See the link in my sig for more info. Thanks!

Mainly the reason it works that way is it was felt it would be too big of a page to include all the stuff that is now on the change avatar screen on the change options screen. It really has nothing to do with saving the options.
              I believe Freddie has put in an avatar selection during registration for the next version.

Comment

• Yoda|cs.ch
                • Sep 2001

k I will enter my license information tomorrow. Hmm in the next version? Is there already a release date?

Comment

• fury
                  • Jun 2001

When it's done

(i've always wanted to say that )

Comment

• Freddie Bingham
                    Former vBulletin Developer
                    • May 2000
                    • 1.1.x

Yes in the next version (2.0.4) you can select any avatar, set as requiring 0 posts, at registration using a drop down menu.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...